Discerning a prophet..
- A true prophet must live just like just lived Jesus Christ extremely in humbleness and must never seek honor or praise from Men. See John7; 16-19Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me. “Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him”
- A true prophet must live a Holy life than almost every minister of God and bear the Fruit of righteousness. Holiness does not mean wearing white garments and parade yourself as a holy Christian. Holiness we mean perpetual righteousness and this includes all repentance like john the Baptist, camel bristle must be turned on for continual reminder of Repentance….John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey. Mathew3; 4. The honey is the word of God, the belt being the truth taught and the camel’s hair being righteousness clothing that is constantly on and never to cease away from the true of God.
- A true prophet is hidden in the body of Christ carrying the burden just like John the Baptist and Moses in the wilderness doing the intercession so that Jesus Christ manifests in the entire body. Then others will shine more than the prophet himself in the body because his work is to prepare the way for the Lord Jesus Christ that he may reach everyone. Surprisingly the modern prophets shine more than others and they are lone rangers. They are the only one seeing Jesus Christ and the rest of the body cannot see Jesus Christ which is wrong yet John Baptist was able to show his disciples Jesus Christ, John the Baptist was a typical prophet of the New testament who demonstrated that his work was to lead people to Jesus Christ and to God not to himself. His disciples shone than him, as he was humiliated by the Kings dancing girl. “The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God! “When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus. Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, “What do you want?” John1; 35-38. True prophets will lead their disciples to know Jesus Christ is the lamb and has come to take away their sins, they will shine more than the prophet just like John the Baptist.
- A true prophet must be possessed with Kingdom of God and doing the will of God in helping the Lord to turn people back to repentance.
A true Prophet must expose and condemn the sins of the church, and of the nation… Shout it aloud, do not hold back.
Raise your voice like a trumpet.
Declare to my people their rebellion
And to the descendants of Jacob their sins. Isaiah58; 1
- A true prophet must be meek and mute and silent when God is silent, he seeks to do the will of others than his. Now the Pharisees who had been sent 25questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”26“I baptize withewater,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know. 27He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.” John1; 24-27
- A true prophet reveals the purposes of God other than the prophesying the lives of the people what they ate and who will marry them. “Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”23John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’John1; 22-23. A true prophet will not speak of himself but will be the voice in the desert calling people to turn to God through repentance, the sole will of God. The true prophets become the voice of God when the Holy Spirit is present in their lives.
- A true prophet must make a church of God turn into a great Army of the Lord when they are breathless, hopeless and no life. A prophet will be responsible for the words of life to the bones in the church just like Ezekiel did in the valley where bones were gathered with no flesh. 1The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”
I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”
4Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!5This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breatha enter you, and you will come to life.6I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’ ”
7So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.
9Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘this is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’ ”10So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army. Ezekiel37; 1-9. If people are still undiscerning, wondering around and hopeless then they are led by a false prophet.
- A true prophet must demonstrate high standard of holiness in the church, he leads the people to God and Jesus Christ not to himself. He seeks no self-exaltation. Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. John8;54-55
- A true prophet of God doesn’t seek to please men but to please God as his greatest work, he is not looking to be Men pleaser. Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galations1; 10. Likewise the true prophet should not seek approval of Men through his prophecies.
- A true prophet will suffer the most humiliation, reproach, rejection and he is not normally accepted easily by the public, he has no honor in his home country, family and friends. This is part of the calling. He suffers on behalf of others than actually allowing others to suffer, he wants others to shine in Christ and does not care whether he shines or not. Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home. Mark6;4
- A true prophet doesn’t promote himself by advertisements and a true prophet does not own a church, his work is to make sure all ministries are functioning well with the messages from the Holy Spirit, intercessions, repentance, holiness, righteousness are evident in the church. “Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. John8;54-55”
A true prophetic ministry is like a nervous system which supports the body and its work is to carry signals from the head” brains” to the Rest of the Body and likewise take the pain from the rest of the body to the head. The prophetic ministry sole purpose is to take messages to the full body of Christ and likewise carrying the pain from the Rest of the body of Christ to the head. This means that’s the most work of the prophet in the church is to do intercession for the body of Christ since the body of Christ always has pain to be taken to the Head who is Jesus Christ for treatment . Jesus Christ is the true Prophet of the Church and a church becomes a prophet to the nations “…For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy” (Revelation 19:10). All true prophecy is His testimony. It comes from Him and draws us to Him. It is what He is saying to His church. Jesus has manifested Himself in different ways—He is a Lion, and He is also a Lamb. He came as the Prince of Peace, and yet He said He came to bring a sword (see Matthew 10:34). These aspects of His nature do not contradict; they complement each other and give us a more complete revelation of Him.
This is why the apostle entreated the Romans to “behold then the kindness and severity of God…” (Romans 11:22) We must behold both His kindness and His severity if we are to have an accurate revelation of His nature. Those who only see His kindness, mercy, and forgiveness have almost inevitably fallen into the bondage of presumptuous grace and unsanctified mercy. Unsanctified mercy is having mercy for things of which God disapproves. Those who only see His severity often become “sheep beaters” who minister more in the spirit of “the accuser of our brethren” (see Revelation 12:10) than in the Spirit of Jesus, whoever lives to intercede for us (see Hebrews 7:25).
After ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ to Heaven by the resurrection from dead after the cross, all the prophets are embedded in the body of Christ to support the entire body just like nervous system works. The most time of the prophet is spent in prayers and intercession because of the much pain in the rest of the body rather giving prophecies.
The whole body of Christ have the ability to prophecy with the present of the Holy Spirit in the church. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy (Acts 2:17-18 KJV). But the current prophets are the only who see Jesus Christ and God, they are the only who prophesy, if you are in such a church my fellow brother or sister you know that there is no Holy Spirit presence in that Church and you are probably paying for your Hell ticket.
Dear brothers and Sisters do not believe any Spirit and just any prophets who comes in the “name of the Prophet to the nations” this is what Our Lord Jesus Christ warned us about beforehand for he said ““Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them” Mathew7; 15-20.
The importance of that scripture is that you should be looking for a fruit of Holiness and righteousness from anyone who says He is a prophet or a Pastor of God. We can only know them through their fruits they bear, if you see that they bear flesh fruits then they are not of God, E.g. seeking honor and Praise is a fruit of the flesh, seeking Fame is a fruit of the flesh too, self-promotion, self-exaltation, self-seeking and immorality, fornication, adultery and many like these are flesh fruits, if they are evident in your pastors or prophet then he is not a right one.
Beware and watch otherwise the days are extremely evil and this is how we know we are in the last days. Its biblical that the false prophets will manifest if possible to deceive the elect of God, but our work is to read the word of God and bear fruit of the word in discernment, maturity, repentance, holiness, righteousness, intercession, prayers, humility, patience and all aspects of godliness to showcase Jesus Christ in us and in him God is glorified and magnified by the power of the Holy Spirit who is in us as a seal for the day of redemption.
My brethren, they are many false prophets to rise, do not loose heart, but watch and commit all your trust in God through Christ by the help of the Holy Spirit, the helper and our advocator whom has been sealed in us, all these things happen to show that Jesus Christ is the greatest prophet we have ever received amongst Men since he spoke of the same. Glory be to God, it shows the Bible is True Word of God living amidst us for those who take it seriously will have life in it.
Peace be multiplied to you and the Love of God be outpoured in you by the Holy Spirit. I pray that Lord of Glory Jesus Christ protect your Spirit and give a Spirit of Wisdom and revelation to know him better.
I remain Asher Namanya, the fellow laborer of Christ Jesus in his Glorious Gospel that saves those who believe.